Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last updated: December 19, 2019
This website Thegerberstore.com, together with any online features and any of the mobile application(s) that are made available by or on behalf of us, services and/or programs offered BrandShop, (individually and collectively, the “Website”) is operated by SureSource LLC d/b/a BrandShop (“BrandShop”, the “Company”, or “our” or “we”).
Website Privacy Notice
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through the Website, certain information is collected from users.
In operating the Website, the following data about you may be collected and processed:
- Information that you provide directly to the Website by filling in forms on the Website, such as contact information (e.g. name, address, home, telephone number, e-mail address), bank account information and/or credit/debit card information, and purchase information regarding products and services offered on the Website.
- Information related to your geolocation (as applicable).
- Information related to your purchasing trends based on your interactions with the Website and your orders.
- Information provided by you when you communication with BrandShop for any reason.
By submitting a telephone number to BrandShop you agree that a representative of BrandShop can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any services or products.
How Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Are Used
i. A “cookie” is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, this cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us and the affiliates to improve the Website. They ensure that the content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
ii. All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of the Website.
iii. BrandShop does not track the users across time or across websites.
iv. Flash Cookies are not used on the Website. Flash cookies are small pieces of information stored and accessed by Adobe Flash. If you want to disable these flash cookies, you’ll need to open up the Adobe Settings Manager, accessible either by right-clicking flash content and clicking “Global Settings,” or by navigating directly to your storage settings through the Flash Website. Here you can clear some or all of your flash cookies manually through the Website Storage panel, or even turn off Flash Storage completely. However, please remember this could prevent some parts of the Website from working properly.
Use of Your Information
The information collected and stored by BrandShop relating to you is primarily used to enable you to receive products and services from them in the best possible manner. In addition, the information may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to Brandshop’s or its partners’ services or products;
- To process your requests for information and/or for providing support services to you;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of the Website;
- To personalize your experience on the Website;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of the Website traffic and usage patterns;
- To analyze trends.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, and as required by applicable law, court order or government regulation; and/or,
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
To secure your information, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on the Website.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore the security of your data sent by you electronically is not guaranteed, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
You agree that you will immediately notify BrandShop of any unauthorized use of your username, password and/or user account, if applicable, and ensure that you log out from your user account after each session and agree to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where BrandShop sells any or all of its business and/or the assets to a third party,whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger;
- Where BrandShop are legally required to disclose your information,, including, but not limited to, pursuant to a valid subpoena, order, search warrant or other law enforcement request.
- When BrandShop is contractually obligated to disclose it.
Where we disclose personal information for a purpose set forth herein, we enter a contract with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third-party recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
By using this Website, you expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of some or all of the assets of BrandShop in connection with a sale or transfer of its businesses and/or in the event of their bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership or an assignment by them for the benefit of creditors.
Further, BrandShop will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third parties or for any actions of any third parties that receive any of the information that is disclosed to BrandShop by you.
Third-Party Website and Interaction
By accessing other third party websites through the Website, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. No responsibility or liability is accepted by BrandShop for the third parties’ policies whatsoever BrandShop has no control over the third parties.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Website is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using the Website, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on the Website. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use the Website. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these Terms on their behalf.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
Under California's Shine the Light Law, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at thegerberstore 20 Constitution Blvd S, Shelton, CT 06484 06484.
If you are a resident of California, effective January 1, 2020, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
a) to know what categories of personal information about you we have collected and used, including how the personal information was collected;
b) as applicable, to know what categories of personal information are being sold or disclosed and if it is being sold or disclosed to third parties and a list of categories of information that are sold (note that we do not sell your information to third parties);
c) as applicable, to opt out of the sale of your personal information (click here for more information on “Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-in Rights”
d) to access your personal information, including the right to download or transfer personal information collected during the previous 12 months (click here for more information on “Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights"; and
e) to request that your personal information be deleted (click here for more information on “Deletion Request Rights”; and
f) to equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If you are a California resident and you want to exercise any of your rights as set forth above, please contact us at 203-922-7500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. For more information click here.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
If you have any question or need help with your account, you may Contact Us to assist you.
Monday to Friday
8 AM to 8 PM